Zen Foundation Features and Benefits
Zen Release Notes
Zen Administration Guide
Zen User Guide
Zen Branding Guide
Zen Design Cookbook
Zen Frequently Asked Questions
- Zen Foundation Features and Benefits
Before you begin, you MUST upgrade to Confluence 3.5.x and Zen 4.0.x.
Test your upgrade to Zen 5.0 using a backup of your system.
Before you begin:
Make a Complete Backup
- Confluence installation directory
- Confluence home directory
- SQL database
And use these backups to recreate your Confluence 3.5/Zen 4.0 environment on a test server. (This also validates your backup.)
Upgrade Your Non-Zen Plugins
Install Zen 5.0
- From the Admin Console > Plugins screen:
- Use the Manage Existing tab to uninstall Zen Foundation
- Use the Install tab to Install Zen Foundation 5.0
NOTE: The Zen Foundation plugin will report that it cannot be enabled. This is okay.
Upgrade to Confluence 4.x
- Shutdown Confluence
- Follow Atlassian's Confluence upgrade process.
- Start the new Confluence installation, and monitor the atlassian-confluence.log and catalina.out log files.
Confluence will upgrade your database, including the Zen macros. This may take several minutes or longer depending on the size of your content, test server capacity, etc.
Upgrade Your Custom Zen Brand
If you have a custom brand:
- Follow the steps on Custom Brand Uploadsto load your Zen 5.0-compatible Zen Brand.
- More details are available on the 5.0 Brand Upgrade page.
NOTE: The built-in brands (breeze, ginseng, and juice) will be automatically upgraded by Zen.
Confirm the Upgrade
- When the logs report that "Confluence is ready to serve" (atlassian-confluence.log) and "INFO: Server startup in ###### ms" (catalina.out), Confluence is ready to use.
- Browse your upgraded site to ensure that everything looks normal (menus, master layouts, page content).